Last updated: 01 November 2023
Interpretation and definitions
The words whose first letter is capitalised have meanings defined according to the following conditions. The following definitions have the same meaning whether they occur in the singular or the plural.
- The company (referred to as "The Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Go Archipelago Ab Oy, Finnö, Horsholm, 21720 Korpo.
- Cookies are small files placed on your computer, mobile device or other device by a website and contain details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Finland
- Unit means a device that can access the service, such as a computer, a mobile phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal data is information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the website.
- Service provider refers to a natural or legal person who processes data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, provide the Service to the Company, perform services related to the Service or help the Company analyse how the Service is used.
- Usage data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the service or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Go Archipelago, available from https://goarchipelago.fi/
- You means the individual accessing or using the service or the company or other legal entity represented by such individual, if any.
Collection and use of your personal data
Types of data collected
When you use our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- E-mail address
- First name and surname
- Usage data
Usage data is collected automatically when you use the service.
Usage data may include information such as your device's internet protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you use the Service via a mobile device, we may automatically collect certain information, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device's unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends when you visit our service or when you use the service via a mobile device.
Tracking technologies and cookies
- Web banners. Some parts of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files called web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags and one-pixel tags) that allow the Company to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of a particular section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser. Read more about cookies at Privacy Policies website article.
We use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes listed below:
- Necessary / Essential cookies Type: Session cookies Managed by: Us Purpose: These cookies are necessary to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with these services.
- Functionality cookies Type: Persistent cookies Managed by: Us Purpose: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when using the website, such as remembering your login details or language preferences. The purpose of these cookies is to give you a more personalised experience and avoid you having to enter your preferences every time you use the website.
Use of your personal data
The company may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our serviceincluding monitoring the use of our service.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the service. The personal data you provide may give you access to various features of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- To fulfil a contract: the development, conformity and performance of the contract for the products, goods or services you have purchased or any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: to contact you via email, phone call, SMS or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as push notifications in mobile applications about updates or informative messages related to features, products or contracted services, including security updates when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To give you news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about, unless you have opted out of receiving such information.
- To manage your requests: to receive and manage your requests to us.
- For business transactions: We may use your information to evaluate or effect a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, either as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceedings, where personal data held by us about our service users is one of the transferred assets.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our campaigns and to evaluate and improve our service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyse the use of our service and to contact you.
- For business transactions: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations for, a merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or part of our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to provide you with certain products, services or offers.
- With other users: when sharing personal information or otherwise interacting in public areas with other users, such information can be seen by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for other purposes with your consent.
Retention of your personal data
The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or improve the functionality of our service, or when we are legally required to retain this data for longer periods of time.
Transfer of your personal data
Your information, including personal data, is processed at the company's operating offices and at other locations where the parties involved in the processing are located. This means that this information may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
Delete your personal data
You have the right to delete or request that we help delete the personal data we have collected about you.
Our service may give you the opportunity to delete certain information about you from within the service.
You can update, change or delete your information at any time by logging into your account, if you have one, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage your personal information. You can also contact us to request access to, correction or deletion of any personal information you have provided to us.
However, please note that we may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or legal basis to do so.
Disclosure of your personal data
Administration of justice
In certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your personal data if required by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose your personal data in good faith that such action is necessary to:
- To fulfil a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the company's rights or property
- Prevent or investigate any offences related to the service.
- Protect the personal safety of users or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your personal data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100 % secure. While we endeavour to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our service is not aimed at anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your child has provided personal data to us, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without confirmation of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent's consent before collecting and using that information.
Links to other websites
We have no control over and take no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of third party websites or services.
- By e-mail: in**@go***********.fi